Re: Log rotation

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Log rotation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 13:17:50 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
> > Are you suggesting the that postgres project develop their own logger
> > rather than people just using one that has already been developed
> > by some other group?
>
> The problem from the point of view of Red Hat is to not introduce a
> dependency from the Postgres RPM to the Apache RPM ... this is no
> problem for people who don't mind hand-customizing their setup, but
> it is a problem if you want it to be part of the out-of-the-box setup.

I can see their problem with making a dependency to all of apache or including
multilog in their distribution. But they probably could include something
that is only a logger either using some project that is only a logger or
splitting out the logger that is bundled with apache. Then it wouldn't
be unreasonable to make a dependency for postgres requiring that logging
rpm. Other services could also make use of this logging package as well.

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.