Re: [pgsql-www] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > IMHO, the domain name isn't the make/break of whether going to GForge will
> > succeed ... the success will be a matter of marketing it, and making sure
> > that its project are well known ... personally, focusing on the domain is
> > like focusing on the name of a car when you buy it, not on its features
> > and/or price ...
>

> Really? What about BMW, Volvo or Mercedes?

What about them?

My point is that as long as we market/advertise the *site*, the URL to get
there isn't going to matter to anyone ... only that they can find it ...
its a branding issue, not a 'how to get there' issue ... hell, in most
cases, ppl are going to click on the link from www.postgresql.org without
even looking at what the URL itself is ...

Sorry, car analogy was a bad one in that case :)

----