Re: The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org

От Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Тема Re: The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 03:14:10PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> So far, only 4 people, total, have expressed opinons on the matter.  I'm
> throwing this on Hackers so that members of projects we will be hosting can
> indicate whether they:
>
> A) Favor www.postgresql.net
> B) Favor www.pgfoundry.org
> C) Don't care as long as the porting is relatively painless.

I'm not crazy about the name pgfoundry, but otherwise I think it's the
better choice.  The "www." problem could be circumvented by renaming the
project, perhaps, but I think it's best to keep a distinction between
"Postres, the database" and "related projects."

Jeroen