Finding slow queries?

От Jessica Dalman
Тема Finding slow queries?
Дата
Re: Finding slow queries?  (Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre@syscor.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,

  I am a true newbie.  I am brand new to postgres, and
databases in general. If anyone has any tips to offer,
I'd really appreciate it. I am trying to find which
queries are the slowest from a web site which runs on
top of postgres 7.4.1.  I'm not sure what I need to
do, though.  I set the log_min_duration_statement to
10000, but I don't see anything new being logged to
the pg.log.  Are these queries logged somewhere else,
or do I need to change anything else in the conf?

   Like I said, any help anyone could offer would be
great.  I've inherited ownership of this web site just
because I'm the most technical person around the
nonprofit that I work for, but all that means is that
I can program the time into my VCR. :)

Thanks!
Jess