Re: compiling 7.4.1 on Solaris 9

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: compiling 7.4.1 on Solaris 9
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:54:23AM +0000, teknokrat wrote:
> thanks, i remember a thread about problems with flags passed to gcc on
> solaris. I was wondering if there had been any resolution and if the
> defaults for 7.4 are considered Ok.

As near as I can tell, -O2 is used by default on Solaris now.  Again,
this is on 8, not 9.

At work, we have been doing a number of tests on 7.4.  The
performance is such an improvement over 7.2 that the QA folks thought
there must be something wrong.  So I suppose the defaults are ok.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca