Re: [HACKERS] Another crack at doing a Win32 build under MINGW

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Another crack at doing a Win32 build under MINGW
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Dann Corbit wrote:
> I am able to build now, and perform initdb.  However, I cannot run the
> postmaster.  I don't know how far along the port is.  What is the
> current state of the port to Win32?
>
> dcorbit@DANNFAST /usr/local/pgsql/bin
> $ postmaster -D u:/pgdata
> LOG:  select() failed in postmaster: No such file or directory
>
> dcorbit@DANNFAST /usr/local/pgsql/bin
> $ FATAL:  could not attach to proper memory at fixed address:
> shmget(key=5432001, addr=00E10000) failed: No such file or directory

[ email moved to win32 list.]

They have only a few regression tests failing, so we are very far along.

The message you are seeing looks like code that assumes that a child can
map to the same shared memory address as the postmaster.  We haven't
seen that fail for anyone before, but it is an assumption we weren't
sure about.  Of course this is all a guess.