Re: Sigh, 7.3.6 rewrap not right

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Sigh, 7.3.6 rewrap not right
Дата
Re: Sigh, 7.3.6 rewrap not right  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 04 March 2004 10:28 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> There were no code-change differences in this rewrap, so I see no real
> need to change the version number.

> The lesson I'd prefer to see us take away from this is that Marc needs
> to automate his release wrapping process more.  These sorta mistakes
> shouldn't have happened in the first place ...

There are now multiple copies of 7.3.6 out there.  How is a body to know which
one to use?  On RPMs, as you well now, SOP is to increment the release on any
change, including a typo.  This way there is no ambiguity.

This is not the first time tarballs have been streamlined.  I'm glad I hadn't
built any RPMs yet.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology

Сообщение: Re: Sigh, 7.3.6 rewrap not right
Сообщение: Re: Sigh, 7.3.6 rewrap not right