Re: Publish SPF records for postgresql.org?

От Jonathan Gardner
Тема Re: Publish SPF records for postgresql.org?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 02 March 2004 09:53 am, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Jonathan M. Gardner wrote:
> > Is there any reason not to publish SPF records for postgresql.org? Do
> > we have control over the TXT records, and does anyone know which
> > servers are authorized to send mail for postgresql.org? How do we
> > handle mail forwarding for those who own an @postgresql.org email
> > address?
>
> Until today, I didn't know what SPF records were ...

I was hoping to increase awareness of SPF with this email... I guess I have
succeeded! ;-)

http://spf.pobox.com/. I should've mentioned it earlier.

> We have control over everything, but as for sending mail 'for
> postgresql.org', there are *alot* of them, since we have several relay
> servers provided by various ppl around the world to spread the load of
> distribution for the mailing lists ...

We can add all of these servers to a domain like "mailrelay.postgresql.org",
and then declare any server in "mailrelay.postgresql.org" as a valid server
in the TXT record for postgresql.org. That way, we won't have to have a
huge TXT record.

My only concetion is when you (scrappy@postgresql) go to send mail as
scrappy@postgresql.org, you are sending it through ganymede.hub.org. You'll
need to either get this domain listed in the SPF record (see above), or
start sending your email as scrappy@postgresql.org through a common server
with SMTP authentication. The same applies for anyone else who has a
postgresql.org email account.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardner@jonathangardner.net

Сообщение: Re: Publish SPF records for postgresql.org?
Сообщение: Re: Publish SPF records for postgresql.org?