Re: plperl doc update

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: plperl doc update
Дата
plpython doc update  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I thought about that.  The docs were pointing to an FAQ number that
> doesn't exit anymore, and there is text indicating sometimes the
> shared compile isn't needed, so I didn't want to hard-code a version
> number in case it wasn't significant aoyway.  And if I say newer, it
> will be not-newer in a few years. :-)

If you say "x or newer" then that will be true forever unless they take
it back out.  We should also try to figure out a way for people to find
out how their python was compiled rather than making them compile a new
one.

I would prefer to put more effort into giving people a procedure to
follow during PostgreSQL installation to verify the correct setup of
their system, rather than giving them a bunch of options to "try" when
they have unidentified "problems".