Re: Found this in the server log on MAC OSX

От Ed L.
Тема Re: Found this in the server log on MAC OSX
Дата
Re: Found this in the server log on MAC OSX  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Monday February 23 2004 8:43, Sean Shanny wrote:

> I restarted postgres this morning to make a configuration file change
> take effect and when I looked at the serverlog to make sure things were
> ok I found the prior shutdown message(*in bold*).  This shut down was
> not initiated by me or anyone else who has access to the machine.  Any
> ideas as to what might be causing this?
>
> LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
> *LOG:  received smart shutdown request *
> *FATAL:  the database system is shutting down
> FATAL:  the database system is shutting down
> LOG:  server process (PID 4691) was terminated by signal 9
> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
> LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 361) was terminated by signal 9

Looks like it got a SIGTERM, which is what you might get if someone shutdown
OSX (osx pls gurus correct me).  Maybe your machine rebooted?   Logging
pids and timestamps might help tell the tale next time ...