commenting sql code

От joseph speigle
Тема commenting sql code
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
hi,
I was wondering again (I'd asked this a while back but can't find in archives) ..... how can I make an sql comment?

For example this script .....
select mazurek(1);
-- test
SELECT  count(*) as master_count FROM master;
SELECT  count(*) as detail_count FROM detail;

gives me this result:
test=# \e mazurek_test.sql
                 mazurek
 less references in master than in detail
(1 row)

test=#
which is the return value from the function, and all further output is killed by the comment.

so it produces no output after the --test.

WASN'T THAT A COMMENT?

I have also tried.... --test (without the space)
to no avail

joe
--
speigle