Re: Tables on multiple disk drives

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Tables on multiple disk drives
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tuesday 17 February 2004 12:54, Konstantin Tokar wrote:
> Hi!
> Does PostgreSQL allow to create tables and indices of a single
> database on multiple disk drives with a purpose of increase
> performance as Oracle database does? If a symbolic reference is the
> only method then the next question is: how can it be determined what
> file is referred to what table and index?

Yep, symlinks are the way at present (though I think someone is working on
tablespace support). The files are named after the OID of the object they
represent - there is a useful oid2name utility in the contrib/ folder.

You might want to check the archives though, and see what RAID setups people
prefer - less trouble to maintain than symlinking.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Slow response of PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Slow response of PostgreSQL