Re: Slow response of PostgreSQL

От Saleem Burhani Baloch
Тема Re: Slow response of PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Slow response of PostgreSQL
Список pgsql-performance
I changed the conf as you wrote. But now the time is changed from 50 sec to 65 sec. :(
I have not more 256 MB ram now.
When I execute the query the
Postmaster takes about 1.8 MB
Postgres session takes 18 MB ram only.
& psql takes 1.3 MB.

After the query finishes the
Postgres session reducess memeory and just uses 10 MB ram.

I have a question why MS-SQL with 256 MB RAM gives result in 2 sec ?? If I have low memory Postgres should give result
in10 sec as compared to MS-SQL.

Looking forward for comments & suggestions

Saleem