Re: Disappointing performance in db migrated from MS SQL Server

От Chris Ruprecht
Тема Re: Disappointing performance in db migrated from MS SQL Server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Bruce,

my bet is on the limited amount of shared memory. The setup as posted by Leon
only shows 80 MB. On a 4 GB database, that's not all that much. Depending on
what he's doing, this might be a bottleneck. I don't like the virtual memory
strategy of Linux too much and would rather increase this to 1 - 2 GB for the
Postgres DB - Specially since he's not running anything else on the machine
and he has 4 GB to play with.

On Thursday 12 February 2004 14:05, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Leon Out wrote:
[snip]

> My only guess is that the tests are I/O bound and therefore the faster
> CPU's aren't helping PostgreSQL.

Сообщение: Re: Disappointing performance in db migrated from MS SQL Server
Сообщение: Re: Disappointing performance in db migrated from MS SQL Server