Re: Can not connect with pgin.tcl

От L J Bayuk
Тема Re: Can not connect with pgin.tcl
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
kwiles81@earthlink.net wrote:

> I get the messge saying that it is an unsupported frontend protocol.
>
> I am using the MD5 option in the pg_hba.conf file, is this my problem?

Not the problem. MD5 option is good. Use it.

> Or am I using an out of date version?  What I have is pgintcl-2.0b1.

pgintcl-2.0 and up speak only to servers running PostgreSQL-7.4 and
higher. If you are trying to talk to a PostgreSQL-7.3.x or lower
server, you need to use the older pgintcl-1.5.0.
Server version:               Protocol:    pgintcl-1.5.0   pgintcl-2.0.x----------------              ---------
-------------  -------------PostgreSQL-7.3.x and lower     V2             Yes           NoPostgreSQL-7.4 and higher
V3 or V2       Yes           Yes