Re: Can LIKE use indexes or not?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Can LIKE use indexes or not?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> US English with 8859-15 (Latin 9?) charset? Can I as what OS this is?
> It's just that it seems like an odd combination to me - or am I
> displaying my ignorance here?

FYI, 8859-15 is just 8859-1 with the Euro sign in place of the generic
currency sign and some other minor changes.  As you might imagine, in
Europe it is (becoming?) the default, and since most people in the rest
of the world probably won't ever notice the difference, you can expect
it to become the preferred choice of operating systems there as well.