Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?
Дата
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Chris,

> Hey at least I noticed that InnoDB has one essential feature we don't:
>
> SELECT ... IN SHARE MODE;
>
> Which does a shared lock on a row as opposed to a write lock, hence
> avoiding nasty foreign key deadlocks...

Um, wrong.   We don't lock rows for SELECT.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?