Re: IDENT and pg_hda.conf[SOLVED]

От Jerome Lyles
Тема Re: IDENT and pg_hda.conf[SOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 30 January 2004 10:23 am, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> On Friday 30 January 2004 01:37 am, Paul Thomas wrote:
> > On 30/01/2004 09:39 Susemail wrote:
> > > [snip]
> > > In any case I don't have a pg_hba.conf file:
> >
> > You should have, unless you haven't done an initdb...
>
> True, I hadn't done an initdb:
>

> Still not able to authenticate:
>
> FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "adriel"
> FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "postgres"

The problem turned out to be two copies of pg_hba.  One in
"/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf" the other in
"/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf"
"/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf" is in the Root Directory of postgres on my
system so that's the one the system was using.  I thought the system was
using the other one: "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf", the only one I knew
about.
Thank you for helping me figure it out,
Jerome

От: listas@lozano.eti.br
Сообщение: Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL
От: Jerome Lyles
Сообщение: Re: IDENT and pg_hda.conf