Empty String Comparison Standard compliant?

От Christoph Haller
Тема Empty String Comparison Standard compliant?
Дата
Re: Empty String Comparison Standard compliant?
Список pgsql-sql
Just a short question (PostgreSQL 7.3.4 on hppa-hp-hpux10.20, compiled by GCC 2.8.1)

SELECT ('' > 'GDMF') ; SELECT ('GDMF' > '');?column?
----------f
(1 row)
?column?
(1 row)

Are these results standard compliant?
Looks at least pretty reasonable to me.
It's just because I have a DBMS here, where the results are vice versa.

TIA.

Regards, Christoph

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: