Re: Mixing threaded and non-threaded

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Mixing threaded and non-threaded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Manfred Spraul wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >Woh, as far as I know, any application should run fine with -lpthread,
> >threaded or not.  What OS are you on?  This is the first I have heard of
> >this problem.
> >

> Perhaps we should try to figure out how other packages handle
> multithreaded/singlethreaded libraries? I'm looking at openssl right
> now, and openssl never links against libpthread: The caller is
> responsible for registering the locking primitives.

We perhaps don't need -lpthread for creating libpq, but only for ecpg.
However, now that we have used thread locking for SIGPIPE, we are now
calling pthread from libpq, but only 7.5.

However, I still don't understand why the user is seeing a problem and
what rewrite he thinks is necessary for his application because pthread
is linked in.

Pennsylvania19073