Re: postgres timeout. [SOLVED]

От Stef
Тема Re: postgres timeout. [SOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi all,

It seems I always find a solution just after
panicking a little bit.
Anyway, I found that statement_timeout solved
my problem. When I tested it earlier, I actually
made an error, and skipped it as a possible
solution.

Cheers
Stef

Stef mentioned :
=> Forgot to mention that I use postgres 7.3.4
=>
=> Stef mentioned :
=> => Hi all ,
=> =>
=> => I'm trying to find out if there is a specific setting
=> => to make transactions time out faster in a scenario
=> => where there's an update on a table in a transaction
=> => block, and another update process tries to update
=> => the same column.
=> =>
=> => It looks like the second process will wait until you
=> => end the transaction block in the first transaction.
=> =>
=> => I've looked at the deadlock timeout parameter and
=> => other parameters, but I don't think I found  what
=> => I'm looking for.
=> =>
=> => I basically need to be able to let the second process
=> => exit with an error after waiting 5 - 10 seconds.
=> =>
=> => Please can someone help?
=> =>
=> => Kind Regards