Re: Extending SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Extending SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ezra Epstein wrote:

> I'd like to extend SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION to support a form which takes a
> password.  Looking at the source it seems, other than changes to the parser,
> there are only 2 relevant functions in 2 files that would be affected.  Each
> function is quite small and its function is clear.
>
> I did not find this functionality on the current to-do list:
>     http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php
> And I'm quite new to the PG backend.  I don't want to code something up that
> is unwelcome by the developers.  On the other hand, if appropriate/accepted,
> I'd be glad to write this little addition to the current functionality.

[ CC to hackers added.]

Uh, a password?  What purpose would that serve?  Isn't that something
you control when attaching to the database?  Is this for prompting for
a username password?  The problem is that the SQL query passing isn't
secure like the way we send passwords using libpq, so I don't think this
would be secure or wise to hardcode a password in the SQL.

Pennsylvania19073