Re: Named arguments in function calls

От david@fetter.org (David Fetter)
Тема Re: Named arguments in function calls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0401251005300.30205-100000@zigo.dhs.org> you wrote:
> I've been looking (and coded) a little bit on named function calls.
> Calls on the form:
>
>  foo (x => 13, y => 42)
>
> Implementing this means that the symbol => no longer can be defined
> by the user as an operator. It's not used as default in pg, but I
> just want to tell you up front in case you don't like that.
>
> It's specified as => in the todo, and it's the symbol used by oracle
> in their pl/sql so I hope it's okay that I steal that symbol?

You can't be stealing it if it's in the TODO :)

Oh, and Peter E, please consider putting a sock in the "No!" you
almost always pipe up with.  It's getting boring.

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

America is like a melting pot:  The people on the bottom get burned
and the scum floats to the top.