vpath build (was Re: cvsignore)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема vpath build (was Re: cvsignore)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 11:43:47AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Maybe you would be happier if you build outside the source tree.  Do
> [...]

I am currently building outside the source tree so that I don't have
these problems.  It works fine, except that some files are created in
the source tree anyway.  I think it's mostly output from bison and flex:

src/backend/parser/gram.c
src/backend/parser/scan.c
src/backend/bootstrap/bootparse.c
src/backend/bootstrap/bootscanner.c
src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/pgc.c
src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/preproc.c

(maybe I'm missing some files)

Maybe they are there because they are part of the source tarball?  It
annoys me a little because I do "diff -cr" between different source
directories and those files have lots of differences.

Also, the regression tests can be run fine with "make installcheck", but
if I want to run the parallel schedule, I have to point pg_regress to
the source dir.  Maybe the file could be copied to the build dir ...

"La libertad es como el dinero; el que no la sabe emplear la pierde" (Alvarez)