Re: trust auth in 7.4

От Henk van Lingen
Тема Re: trust auth in 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:00:25AM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
  > > docs say (19.2.1):
  > >
  > >  When trust authentication is specified, PostgreSQL assumes that anyone who
  > >  can connect to the server is authorized to access the database as whatever
  > >  database user he specifies (including the database superuser). This method
  > > Which of these is right? I hope the last also holds for 'trust' lines?
  >
  > Both. The second part says that in pg_hba.conf you can say which postgres
  > users can connect to which databases. The first part says that trust
  > authentication says that postgres will allow you to be whatever user you
  > want without having to prove it in any way.

  Well, i think the first part is misleading. Trying it it seems to work
  as i hoped. If i have a line like

  host somedb bruno 192.168.5.5 255.255.255.255  trust

  bruno can connect from 192.168.5.5 but tom can't.

  I think the first part should say 'as the users specified in the specific
  pg_hba.conf line without doing further checks'.

  Never mind.

  Regards,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |