Re: Lost plpgsql function

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Lost plpgsql function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 22 January 2004 09:58, Mattias Kregert wrote:
> I ran into this problem a couple of days ago when I upgraded from 7.0.3 to
> 7.4.1. I used the 7.4.1 pg_dumpall, but it created a dump file which tried
> to load the old plpgsql.so. I had to fix the dump file manually before
> 7.4.1 pg_dumpall dumping out CR in the file, and then the 7.4.1. psql
> comlained about it and told me to use \r instead... I had to take out the
> "LOCATION" in create database too because it complained about "no such
> environment variable". I guess pg_dumpall doesn't understand the
> differences between the different versions, so you always have to check the
> dump file manually if you are changing version.

In reality, there probably always will be "one more thing" when upgrading a
large database, but that doesn't mean the problems you're having can't be
fixed.

Put together small examples and submit them as bugs. If you can offer patches
too, that would make the developers happy.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd