Re: SCO Extortion

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: SCO Extortion
Дата
Re: SCO Extortion  (Stephen Robert Norris <srn@commsecure.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> I'm currently one of the targets of SCO's linux licensing extortion
> business plan, and am contemplating switching to one of the BSD's to
> avoid any potential problems.   I'm curious which BSD people prefer for
> large scale databases and why.  Any pointers as to which I should test out?

for the longest time, the BSDs have been split as:

FreeBSD - i386 rock solid
NetBSD  - work on as many platforms as possible
OpenBSD - be as secure as possible

There is alot of code sharing between them all though, so, IMHO, alot of
it is personal preferences ... I've been using FreeBSD since '95, and
other then having a habit of finding (and, usually pushing) its limits,
I've been most happy with it ...

----