Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 20/01/2004 17:22 Vámos Balázs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem with my PostgreSQL+Tomcat+JDBC:
>
> I have got a PostgreSQL server, a Tomcat, and some jsp file what connects
> the postgresql via JDBC.
>
> I stop postmaster (because of file system level backup)
> After the backup I start postmaster
> But the connection between JDBC and postgresql doesn't recover any more.
>
> I need to restart Tomcat to build up the connection again. Why?

IMHO, this is more a limitation of the connection pooling which doesn't
seem to be able to recognise that a connection has gone bad and that it
should discard it and create a new one. BTW, its not necessary to stop
Tomcat as you can use its manager application to simply stop and restart
your application.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |