Re: Case sensitivity

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Case sensitivity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 12 January 2004 17:58, scott.marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Richard Huxton wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 January 2004 09:29, Dario Ottaviano wrote:
> > > I use postgres on a window server (IIS 5.1)
> > > Is there anybody that knows if  is possible to make postgres  no case
> > > sensitive in the manipulating data into tables/views?
> >
> > There's no general "case_sensitive = yes/no" flag. There are
> > case-insensitive operators you can use though.
>
> Is there a case insensitive locale?  Or is that even possible?

I've heard it proposed, but don't believe anyone liked the idea enough to do
it. With my limited understanding of encoding/locale issues, that'd mean
adding support at the OS level, I think.

The other option would be an IVARCHAR type with suitably defined operators,
but that's hardly very portable.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd