Re: PreparedStatement parameters and mutable objects

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: PreparedStatement parameters and mutable objects
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 11/01/2004 22:40 Oliver Jowett wrote:
> [snip]
> I'm still in favour of an "undefined behaviour" interpretation here.
> There's not much benefit to application code in nailing down one
> behaviour or the other, and leaving it undefined gives the driver the
> flexibility to do whichever is a better implementation for the DB in
> question.

Having followed this very interesting thread, I'm still wondering exactly
how much measurable improvement could be achieved. I read an article on
IBM developerWorks (sorry can't remember the URL) which stated that, on
modern VMs, things like object creation aren't the performance bogeys that
they once were. So I'm thinking that before we make a decision about
committing to a change which might break someones app, is there any way by
which we could measure the effects of the proposed change?
> I might send a query to the JDBC expert group about this.

I, for one, would be interested to know.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |