Re: jdbc pooling question

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: jdbc pooling question
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 11/01/2004 22:14 Kris Jurka wrote:
> [snip]
> Closing the connection will return the connection to the pool regardless
> of the status of other related objects.  The fact that closing the
> statement and the connection doesn't completely close the ResultSet is a
> bug, but not a terribly serious one.  Adding a check for every single
> method to check some kind of isClosed flag is tedious and wasteful.

Plus there are a number of robust open-source connection pool
implementations available. I use Apache dbcp (via Tomcat) and it all works
very nicely and can also clean up resource leaks left by non-programmers
who don't know how to correctly use a finally block :)

OT, I can't really see the point of re-inventing the wheel by providing
our own connection pooling. Does anyone else have any views on this?

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |