Re: psql \d option list overloaded

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: psql \d option list overloaded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Brown wrote:
> Every database engine is different, but in the case of PG it makes
> sense to adopt the best methods we can find.  A consistent and easy
> to remember way of showing the various entities in psql (at the very
> least) would be of great advantage.  It's something that MySQL gets
> right.  As it turns out, we already have "SHOW" in psql and it's used
> for something else.  So we might instead use something else (e.g.
> "VIEW") instead.

What is wrong with

SELECT * FROM information_schema.tables;

?  If it's too much to type, put information_schema in the path.  This
syntax has the advantage that you can use qualifications and other SQL
features.  And you can build customized views on top of it.  Does SHOW
TABLES or whatever it might be called support that?

Сообщение: Re: psql \d option list overloaded
Сообщение: Re: psql \d option list overloaded