Re: no space left on device

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: no space left on device
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:11:51PM -0800, Aurangzeb M. Agha wrote:
> I've not run a vacuum in quite some time, and that's because I've only
> been doing reads from this DB.  I was under the impression that I should
> run vacuum when tables are heavily modified:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/node110.html

Another reason to vacuum is that the pg_clog files are deleted if they
are no longer needed.  So if you had vacuumed, there would be less files
there (I'm not sure if this was the case on 7.1 though).

Maybe in the meantime you could move one of the pg_xlog files to another
filesystem and make a symlink to the correct position.  That should given
you some breathing room.  Vacuum right after that.

Also keep in mind that deleted files that are kept open by running
processes do not release the occupied space ... see if you have some
process with an open file on that filesystem which is no longer present
(some clever usage of fuser and ps should give you that info)

"We are who we choose to be", sang the goldfinch
when the sun is high (Sandman)