Re: Strange Insert Problem

От Martin Atukunda
Тема Re: Strange Insert Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Friday 09 January 2004 13:25, you wrote:
> I'm having a really strange insert problem, which I cannot figure out.
>
> I have a table in my database, which I created using the following
> query (I'm using Postgresql 7.4, if this helps):
>
> CREATE TABLE yarncolor (
>         yarn_color_id       SERIAL,
>         yarn_id             int NULL,
>         yarn_color_nm        varchar(35) NULL,
>         yarn_color_num       varchar(10) NULL,
>         yarn_color_desc      varchar(50) NULL,
>         discontinued_flg     boolean NULL,
>         yarn_color_lud       timestamp NULL,
>         PRIMARY KEY (yarn_color_id),
>         FOREIGN KEY (yarn_id)
>                               REFERENCES yarn
> );
>
> Everytime I try to insert a record in this table via ColdFusion
> generated page, I get this error message (I also get this in
> phpPgMyAdmin):
>
> SQL error:
> ERROR:  column "anemone" does not exist
>

> In statement:
> INSERT INTO YarnColortwo (yarn_id, yarn_color_nm, yarn_color_num,
> yarn_color_desc, yarn_color_lud) VALUES ( 15, Anemone, 616, whatever,
> now() )

I don't know how ColdFusion does it but, you should quote the strings that you
are inserting into the database i.e:

INSERT INTO YarnColortwo(
    yarn_id,
    yarn_color_nm,
    yarn_color_num,
    yarn_color_desc,
    yarn_color_lud)
VALUES ( 15,
    'Anemone',
    '616',
    'whatever',
    now()
    )

--
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
--Bill Clinton, President

От: "Olaf Meding"
Сообщение: Get error during initdb
От: bartvde@xs4all.nl
Сообщение: psql error: could not connect to server