Re: psql \d option list overloaded

От Tommi Maekitalo
Тема Re: psql \d option list overloaded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> 2) (using information schema ... little better)
>
>     SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema
> = 'public';
>
> or ...

I just looked at the information_schema. It is a very nice feature, but
difficult to use in psql.

I just wanted to see, what I can find here. After trying and rtfm I ended in
'\d information_schema.*'. I get a very large page wich is quite unreadable.
'\d' is normally very usable.

It would be better not to show the view-definition.

What if \d on views just show the column, type and attribute. \d+ would show
the full view-definition.

Tommi

--
Dr. Eckhardt + Partner GmbH