Re: deferred foreign keys

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: deferred foreign keys
Дата
Re: deferred foreign keys
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 11:33:40 -0500,
  Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  Then it sorta makes it moot for me to try deferred checks,
> since the Pimary and Foreign keys never change once set.  I wonder
> what is making the transactions appear to run lockstep, then...

I think this is probably the issue with foreign key checks needing an
exclusive lock, since there is no shared lock that will prevent deletes.
This problem has been discussed a number of times on the lists and you
should be able to find out more information from the archives if you
want to confirm that this is the root cause of your problems.