Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 28/12/2003 01:57 Chris Travers wrote:
> Regarding the importance of PostgreSQL on Windows.
>
> For example, I am developing a hotel reservation management application
> using Python and PostgreSQL (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openres).
> This
> will only run on Linux and UNIX, so in order to get this to run on
> Windows,
> I need to use either MySQL or Firebird.  Or aI can require Cygwin.  But
> that
> is a bit over the top IMO, for a small hotel or B&B to consider,
> especially
> because I want to run it if possible on existing equipment to keep
> implimentation costs down.

I'm in a similar situation. My app is currently PG-only (although I
_might_ be able to get it work with Firebird eventually). Currently I have
to sell Linux to prospective clients in addition to my app. A native
Windows version would make my life a bit easier.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |