Re: PGSQL 7.4 tips, was Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

От Casey Allen Shobe
Тема Re: PGSQL 7.4 tips, was Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Travers (Sunday 28 December 2003 01:24)
> With 7.4, PostgreSQL implements the standard information_schema so that one
> can essentially get all this information in a standard way with will
> presumably not be brokent too much in future versions.  Prior to this
> release, you have to dig the information out of the system catelogs which
> would periodically change.
>
> Here are some examples (see the docs on the information schema ;-)

This rocks!  Thank you for the information!

> Another hint-- run psql -E to echo the queries to the screen, so that you
> can see how the information is being requested from the system catalogs.

This is what I've always relied on...

> WARNING:  Using the system catalogs is NOT supported across versions, as
> they tend to change from time to time.  Use the information_schema instead
> wherever possible :-)

And this is the problem I discovered the hard way ;-).

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com