Re: feature request: \qf datatype

От Alex J. Avriette
Тема Re: feature request: \qf datatype
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 04:07:50PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:

> \dfT integer
>
> might bring back all the functions that operate on (or return)
> integers.

I like this the best so far. My only concern is that there is a
whole lot of output generated by this (see thread parent).

> > > Duplication--especially for help systems--is not a bad thing, as
> > > long as it's only duplication of access and not of code bases.
> >
> > Duplication of help systems that are never going to be used is a
> > waste of everyone's time.
>
> Perhaps I didn't make clear what I was trying to say. :)
>
> We should continue to avoid the "The docs for any given thing are
> findable in exactly one way.  If you don't divine it, you are S.O.L."
> model of documentation.

Well, I'm perfectly happy to see it in psql. I'm just unable to
actually do the C part myself. If somebody would step up to the plate,
we could see this in the next release. I haven't heard anyone say they
didn't like it.

alex

--
alex@posixnap.net
Alex J. Avriette, Windows Systems Defenestrator