Re: Installing Postgres w/RH9

От Martin Marques
Тема Re: Installing Postgres w/RH9
Дата
Список pgsql-general
El Jue 25 Dic 2003 13:02, Tom Lane escribió:
> Lynn.Tilby@asu.edu writes:
> > -bash-2.05b$ postmaster&
> > [1] 3139
> > -bash-2.05b$ FATAL:  File /var/lib/pgsql/data/PG_VERSION is missing. This
is not
> > a valid data directory.
>
> You haven't run initdb, or at least haven't run it in that PGDATA
> directory.  If you think that the rpm package installation process
> should have run initdb (I honestly don't know whether it would or not),
> then check to see if your PGDATA setting agrees with the package docs.

The problem is that he's trying to start the postmaster form the comand line,
executing it directly.

Lynn, if you installed PostgreSQL from the rpms that come with RH9 (or Lamars
rpms) just try starting PostgreSQL from the init script:

# /etc/init.d/postgresql start

That script will run initdb if necesary, and set the PGDATA environment
variable if needed also.

Good luck!

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;