Use of Setof Record Dynamically

От A E
Тема Use of Setof Record Dynamically
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am attempting to use Setof Record dynamically. I am developing an application where I will not know what the end-user is trying to work with from a web front end. Thus I will not know before hand the structure of the table I am trying to pull the record from.

My Code:

CREATE FUNCTION retrievecollection(varchar, varchar, varchar) RETURNS record AS'
Declare
tablealias ALIAS FOR $1;
crmid ALIAS FOR $2;
username ALIAs FOR $3;
allowed integer;
objectdefinition record;
realtablename char;
begin
select into allowed secverf(username, tablealias);
if allowed = 0 then
 RAISE NOTICE ''User not authorized to perform retrieve.'', allowed;
 RETURN false;
else
 select into realtablename tablename from applicationaliases where tablealias = qoute_literal(tablealias);
 if length(crmid) = 0 then
  FOR objectdefinition IN SELECT * from qoute_ident(realtablename) LOOP
   RETURN NEXT objectdefinition;
  END LOOP;
 else
  FOR objectdefinition IN SELECT * from qoute_ident(realtablename) where crmid = qoute_literal(crmid) LOOP
   RETURN NEXT objectdefinition;
  END LOOP;
 end if;
end if;
RETURN record;
end;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

I know that I would execute the procedure with select * from retrievecollection as x(x typex, y typey) but how do I do this if I don't know which table was passed to the function?

TIA

Alex Erwin

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: