Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> > This does not have anything to do with who is talking
> > to O'Reilly by the way.  Remember, they had a single
> > point of contact failure last year and caused some
> > hard feelings.  It is *good* that they've sent out
> > notices to several of us.  Now we just have to act
> > like we are sort of coordinated...
>
> Yeah, it's just that they asked me yesterday if I was the "official" contact.
> I do think that one person (picked by us) should talk to O'Reilly.  Otherwise
> they're liable to receive multiple messages and get confused.
>
> > Who's funding whom to do what at the conference?
>
> Um ... funding?   I'm paying my own way; I presume that Bruce will get paid
> for by his employer; otherwise we're pay-as-you-go.  We probably have  a
> little money for printing stuff (like a few $100) but that's it.

I never get funding from SRA for these trips (except Japan) --- the
presenters usually pay for my trip.  In the O'Reilly case, I usually get
paid for a tutorial, but I don't think I am going to be sending in a
tutorial proposal this year to encourage others to make presentations.