Re: Issue with Linux+Pentium SMP Context Switching

От Kurt Roeckx
Тема Re: Issue with Linux+Pentium SMP Context Switching
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 11:17:31AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Important fact left out of the problem description:  The issue happens when
> *two or more* intensive queries are running simultaneosly.

So two queries are enough to get this problem?

I assume the tables are so big that they don't fit in shared
memory and it needs to go read in the data?  So that the problem
only shows itself when it needs to replace buffers?

If it doesn't have to go read, do you still have the problem?

Kurt