Re: Dates BC.

От david@fetter.org (David Fetter)
Тема Re: Dates BC.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In article <20031218131120.GA11684@ping.be> you wrote:
> I find this a little strange:
>
> select date_part('year', '0002-01-01 BC'::date);
> date_part
> -----------
>        -1
>
> It seems 1 BC and 0 are the same year.

There is an unresolveable legacy problem here, in that Brahmagupta did
not yet invent the mathematical concept of 0 until ~ 598 CE, by which
time the Roman Empire had fallen (depending on whether you believe it
actually fell).  We'll just have to live with some weirdness on this
one. :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

This is my .sig.  There are many like it, but this one is mine.