Re: FW: OID, compatible=7.1 and getBinaryStream() in

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: FW: OID, compatible=7.1 and getBinaryStream() in
Дата
Re: FW: OID, compatible=7.1 and getBinaryStream() in  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 07:17:43PM -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:

> Additionally doing some testing revealed another bug with compatibilty
> version handling.  If the user does not explicitly specify a "compatible"
> parameter it defaults to the jdbc driver version.  It should instead
> default to the server version the connection is for because a newer driver
> can talk to older databases.

Is this correct? I thought compatible=X meant "behave like the driver in
version X behaved" i.e. it was there for handling incompatible driver
changes, not server-side changes.

-O