Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets

От Robert Bedell
Тема Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the pointers!
> > The documentation points to the
> > 'sort_mem' parameter for this, but the code doesn't look to actually
> > implement that yet.
>
> Well, yeah, that's sort of exactly the point ... it's considered during
> planning but the executor code has no fallback if the planner guesses
> wrong.

Yep.  The doc is wishful thinking then ;)  I was just verifying that.
> > 4) Should LookupTupleHashEntry() be worried about the pointers it
> > receives...similarly for hash_search()?

Was wondering how safe it was to write hashed data to disk.. given your
suggestions (and the obvious necessity) pretty safe, but it requires some
handling.  My bad.

Cheers!

Robert

Сообщение: Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets
Сообщение: Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets