Re: Limiting per user and per db accesse (was TODO list)

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Limiting per user and per db accesse (was TODO list)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jonathan Gardner <jgardner@jonathangardner.net> writes:
> > - -- Group www can only have 12 concurrent connections with the cluster.
> > ALTER GROUP www SET max_connections = 12;
>
> I think group-related restrictions would be an impossible rat's nest to
> define, because there's no one-to-one correspondence between backend
> processes and groups.  Per-user and per-database make sense to me,
> because a backend does have a well-defined (session) user and a
> well-defined database.

'k, I'm a bit confused here ... we already do the 'user->group' checks at
the table level, through GRANT/REVOKE ... why couldn't we do similar at
the database level?  If you were to know that the database *had* per group
restrictions, when you check # of connections, all you'd need to do is
figure out if user is part of GroupA and, if so, increment that count ...
no?

----