Re: failed to build any 5-way joins

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: failed to build any 5-way joins
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tuesday 16 December 2003 15:34, Alessandro Depase wrote:

People smarter than me are looking at this, but I can give you some quick
feedback.
> Version? In my previous message I told that I'm using 7.4-1 on cygwin
> distribution. What other info do you need? How can I get them?

Are you sure it's 7.4.1? I wasn't aware that was publicly released yet.

> All I can think more than this is that I use a Windows XP O.S. and that I
> got this error both using JDBC and using pgAdmin III (but it seems to me
> that this is an error client-independent).

It certainly looks like a bug in PG itself, rather than client-related. I'd
agree with your guess that it's somewhere in the query rewriter.

> The other problem, however, as I asked before, is: where can I find the
> documentation for this error (well, besides the source, of course)? are
> there known limits in joining tables?

I'm not aware of any particular limits on joins. There's even a genetic
optimiser that kicks in when joins go above a certain number of tables
(default of 12 but configurable in 7.4 iirc?).

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Alessandro Depase"
Сообщение: Re: failed to build any 5-way joins
От: "Alessandro Depase"
Сообщение: Re: failed to build any 5-way joins