Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres

От Philip Yarra
Тема Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:58 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I don't think we are going to accept annoying our users on every
> compile.

Wouldn't people generally be using Makefiles or similar?
ECPG_FLAGS = -t -f
would do the trick. i can't imagine many people would seriously be typing
"ecpg -t test.pgc && cc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib
-pthread -lecpg -o test test.c" and baulk at an extra -f flag!

Having to specify a couple of flags for the desired behaviour is not uncommon
- Sybase's cpre is unbelievably verbose unless told otherwise. We just put
the "--shut-up" flags in the Makefile. Point is, we read the manual to find
out what the flags meant.

Philip.

Сообщение: Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres