Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/Tag: oc/src/sgml/REL ...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/Tag: oc/src/sgml/REL ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Do we need to reinitdb to pick this up, or just run this file?

It's actually described in the release notes:
  <para>   If you want to install the fixes in the information schema   concerning the bit types, you need to reload
theinformation   schema.  This is either accomplished by initializing a new cluster   by running
<command>initdb</command>,or by running the following   sequence of SQL commands in each database (ideally including
<literal>template1</literal>)as a superuser in   <application>psql</application>, after installing the new release:

<programlisting>
DROP SCHEMA information_schema CASCADE;
\i /usr/local/pgsql/share/information_schema.sql
</programlisting>   Substitute your installation path in the second command.  </para>